At Home in The Households
The first of its kind in Central Pennsylvania, this innovative, resident-centered living concept transforms the nursing care environment into a warm and homelike place. Our three households—Family Place, Friendship Circle and Fellowship Place—each accommodate 20 residents. Every detail of household life has been carefully designed to feel as much like home as possible:
- Staff and residents gather in cozy common areas.
- Thoughtfully designed private bedrooms provide personal temperature control.
- Residents enjoy a good night’s sleep with minimal interruption and awake according to their own wishes.
- Delicious, made-to-order dishes are served on a relaxed schedule in a family-like dining room.
Contact Us to Learn More
Resident-Directed Activities Engage All the Senses
Many household activities echo those that residents might take part in at home, such as:
- Setting and clearing the table
- Chopping vegetables and helping with meal preparation
- Folding clothes or rolling out dough for blueberry pie
Other resident-directed, staff-led activities include: games, celebrations, arts and crafts, musical activities, movies, video sports games, discussion groups and impromptu outings.
Skilled Nursing Care Services and Amenities
- Three delicious meals daily
- Tray service
- Personal laundry (additional charge)
- Building maintenance
- Grounds care
- Trash removal
- Social and recreational activities
- Transportation to scheduled activities
- Chaplain services
- Beauty salon
- Spa-like bath area, complete with warming light, towel warmer and soothing music
Professional Care in a Homelike Environment
Medical care at The Households meets the highest standards. Many of our licensed, skilled nursing staff members have been with us for more than five years, and our staff-to-resident ratio is the highest in the area.
On-site medical services include:
- Physical, occupational and speech therapy
- X-rays and other laboratory services
- Podiatry care
- Mental health counseling
- Medication management
A full-service kidney dialysis clinic is located conveniently next door.
Rates in The Households
The Households are Medicare and Medicaid certified, which makes them a great option for many people. We cannot accept residents who are day-one Medicaid recipients, but we do accept private pay, long-term care insurance, and third party payer agreements.
See the Household Rates