Providing service to those in need since 1944
Chapel Pointe had its beginnings in 1944 when a Carlisle, Pennsylvania, mansion was transformed into a faith-based retirement community.
Our founder, Rev. F.W. Henry, had a longtime dream of starting a retirement home in Pennsylvania that would provide compassionate, personal care to seniors in need. Henry’s dream was finally realized when he was able to purchase the 27-room Bedford Estate for a reasonable price because of the former owner’s wish that her Pennsylvania home might someday be used for this purpose.
Rev. Henry and his wife invested their life savings and received financial assistance from the New York Headquarters of The Christian and Missionary Alliance. A board of directors was formed, and the home was incorporated as a nonprofit company.
In the beginning, all hands on deck were needed to keep the home afloat. Each resident was asked to volunteer two hours a day, working in housekeeping, sewing, maintenance or other areas. That spirit of volunteerism still lives on at Chapel Pointe.
Henry’s calling to provide a senior living ministry in central Pennsylvania with a reputation for excellent service also continues today. The campus of the beautiful Chapel Pointe retirement community in Carlisle encompasses almost eight acres of carefully landscaped gardens and includes the independent living apartment homes, personal care and memory support accommodations, and the new skilled nursing households.