Personal Care at The Homestead
Here at The Homestead, residents enjoy personal dignity and independence in their own private accommodations, coupled with the reassurance of a professional, caring staff who provide assistance with daily activities.
In contrast to traditional personal care or assisted living programs, residents drive their own schedules with breakfast, bathing, sleeping and medication administration on flexible schedules designed around individual needs. Our residents get back something that’s lost in many facilities: the power to choose.
Many people wonder when they should move to personal care or assisted living. Our blog highlights nine desires that may indicate its time to explore personal care or assisted living.
Personal Care Activities
Our full calendar of resident-directed activities, events and outings includes:
- iShuffle music program
- Arts and crafts
- Concerts, sing-alongs and other musical activities
- Video sports games
- Current events discussions
- Brain games
- Bus trips
Personal Care Services
- Assistance with personal routines, housekeeping, and laundry service (extra charge)
- Assistance with medication by licensed staff
- Three delicious, healthy meals a day with extended dining times
- Shuttle transportation to local appointments, shopping and outings in the Carlisle and nearby central Pennsylvania areas
- Help and counseling with personal finances
- All the amenities of the Chapel Pointe community
- Priority access to the Health Center
- Temporary tray service
- Specialized care from nurses, physicians and other health professionals
- Dental care/therapy services
CONTACT US TO LEARN MORE
Personal Care rates
Residents of The Homestead have access to Chapel Pointe's full continuum of care if needed. Click here to see our rate sheet. You can pay privately or through a third party payer agreement.
SEE THE PERSONAL CARE RATES
NEW Personal Care Respite
If your family would benefit from a short-term reprieve from caregiving or if your loved one wants to try personal care with no long-term commitment, respite may be a good option.
During each four-week respite stay, residents enjoy every benefit of living in the personal care Homestead at Chapel Pointe, including things like three meals a day, 24/7 nursing oversight, activities, help with medications, social opportunities, and assistance with daily routines. In addition, a room furnished to feel like home and an all-inclusive daily rate starting at $205 make the transition simple.
Whether sampling personal care for the future or taking a short caregiving reprieve, your family can experience many benefits through personal care respite.
Personal Care Respite Is Ideal For People Who:
- Live locally so friends and family can visit.
- Get around pretty well, whether with a walker, cane, or scooter.
- Are not prone to wandering. Respite services are not provided in a locked setting.
- Plan to pay privately.
Only a limited number of Chapel Pointe’s all-private rooms are available for respite, so call our marketing team at 717-249-1363 to reserve your four-week respite stay today.
“Everything you need or want is right here or right around the corner. You become part of a loving, happy family.”
— K. Forrest